Reproductive Health Advocacy Network for Africa (RHANA) was established following a meeting held in March 2009 in Nairobi Kenya.
IPPF Africa Region office serves as the Secretariat for the Network.
The Goal of RHANA is to advance a rights based and people-centered development in Africa through reducing maternal deaths and ensuring universal access to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
The objectives of the network are to:
- To promote, advocate and mobilize support for sexual and reproductive health rights as human rights and central to development
- To strengthen RHANA membership for more inclusion and representativeness of the diverse SRHR and development constituencies
- To demand accountability from governments on implementation of SRHR commitments
- To influence and support relevant African policy development process
- To amplify African voices in relevant global policy development process